What is Multi-Code feature?
This feature allows you to add a list of sub unique codes that are linked to the promo code.
As an example, Multi-code feature can be used for credit card promotions offered to specific card holders. Generally identified via credit card BIN numbers. With this feature, a property can create a promo code and link BIN card number(s) to the promo code.
Bookers can only access rates via multi-code widget using a multi-code
What is BIN number?
The term bank identification number (BIN) refers to the initial set of four to six numbers that appear on a payment card. This set of numbers identifies the institution that issues the card and is key in the process of matching transactions to the issuer of the charge card
Where is this found?
• Login to MAX extranet
• Promo codes
• Create promo code, as usual
• Enter promo code details.
• Select Multi-code flag.
• A box will appear to enter multi-codes (i.e BIN credit card number)
o This is the code that is provided to booker.
o Booker will enter code into multi-code widget
o Option to add multiple multi-codes, use comma to separate each code.
• It is compulsory to use multi-code widget
• Option to generate widget script on details page
• Select ‘Widget script’ > copy script
• Property to embed on website.
• Once Dates and Code is entered in widget, booker is diverted to Booking engine.
• Booking engine will display packages/rooms assigned to promo code
• It is not possible to use the promo code to book directly via booking engine
• The booking engine does not validate customer credit card BIN number during the booking process
• Promo code cannot be used on Multi-code widget.