STAAH MAX - What is Charge Card and how it works?
We have developed a new feature which provides property with the ability to manually Charge Credit Card directly in MAX extranet for Hotel Collect bookings. Payment will be processed via Payment Gateway.
This feature is available to properties that have subscribed to Payment Gateway that supports the Charge Card feature option – please contact designated Partner Services team.
Why should I use the Charge Card feature?
- This allows you to Charge Payment for bookings that have been received without Payment.
- Saves you having to access your Payment Gateway system and manually enter details to process payment.
- Select bookings that you want to process payment for – at the click of a button.
How do I enable this feature – Charge Card?
This feature is available to all
properties that have subscribed to Payment Gateway that support Charge Card
feature. Property to contact designated STAAH Partner Services team member.
How does the Charge Card feature work?
Once enabled properties will see the “Charge Card”
button via booking module. This button will display for Hotel Collect bookings
that contain CC details.
- To process payment, select the “Charge Card” button. This is a manual process and completed at booking level.
- Once selected, property will see the below “pop-up’.
- Property can edit and determine amount to charge/collect.
- For properties that have Multi-Payment Gateway enabled, you will see all PGs available that support Charge Card feature.
- Payment Gateway displayed is based on currency booked (Example: booking made for NZD currency; Charge Card will display all Payment Gateways enabled for the booked currency which support Charge Card).
- CVV is not required for Payment Gateway that do not require this to process payment (this field will not display – if not required).
- For Payment Gateway(s) that require this information, system will automatically pull in information (if received).
- If no CVV available, property to obtain and enter in CVV field.
- Once done, simply click on “Proceed”.
- To send payment confirmation email to booker – enter email address in the pop up.
How do I know if the payment was processed?
- If transaction fails, an error message will be returned.
- The “Charge Card “button will remain visible for that booking.
- Confirmation returned (example below).
- The “Charge Card”button will no longer be available.
- Charged amount will be displayed.
- Partial payment/deposit charged amount and Pay on Arrival amount indicated in booking.
- Taxes and Other charges indicated.
- Booking must have credit card details.
- Stay dates must be current (Charge button will be visible on day of check out and currently based on GMT).
- Booking payment type = Hotel Collect.
- ‘Charge Card’ button is not visible if above conditions are not met.
STAAH MAX - Booking Engine Analytics (Booking Engine Funnel)
This video explains how you can interpret Booking Engine Analytics, including the Booking Engine Funnel, on STAAH MAX.
STAAH MAX - Booking Engine Analytics
Login to STAAH and go to BE Analytics (MAX). Enter the dates you want to analyse and hit GO. The Booking Engine Funnel on the left gives you a list of visitors and conversion by percentage. The right shows the exact number and pages they visited. The ...
STAAH MAX - Pay Now / Pay Later in Booking Engine
Wanting to give your bookers the option to select when they pay for their booking (Prepay or Pay on arrival)? STAAH MAX Pay Now/Pay Later functionality allows you to let your booker decide what payment options suits them. This feature Is available ...
STAAH MAX - Booking Engine Room View
We have enabled properties with the ability to select if the Booking Engine will display by “Package” or “Rooms”. This additional feature gives you option/flexibility to change the default view to display by “Rooms”. This feature is available for all ...
STAAH MAX - Booking Engine Last Unit Prompt
A property can now apply the most suitable room name/ description for the ‘Last Room’ prompt displayed on STAAH MAX Booking Engine. This prompt appears when there are 5 rooms or less for a particular room type. By default, prompt is set as ‘Room’. By ...