We are happy to introduce the Expedia content management via MAX extranet.
What has changed?
· Content creation and management - don’t worry there are no changes to design. We have created a designated page for content (old and new)
· More features that you can manage from channel manager (full content below)
o Map to an existing room type or rate plan setup on Expedia
o Manage room/rate plan content information on Expedia
o Create a new rate plan and link to an existing Expedia room type
o Create a new room type on Expedia
· Setup > Channels
· Channel mapping
· Select Expedia from the drop-down box
· Click the ‘content’ link to divert to content page
‘Map a room’ to view pop up
Option 1: Map to an existing room/rate set in Expedia – this option is to map room type in Channel manager to a room/rate plan listed on Expedia.
You are diverted to mapping pop-up
· Channel Room Name: Click on drop down box, you should see corresponding rate plans setup in extranet. Select and apply accordingly. This will pull in all rooms/rate plans listed on booking.com
· Package code: This is required for some PMS for booking delivery. As a standard it is mandatory that a code is setup for all. This is setup in MAX. Click on drop down box to select applicable. If there is none setup, you can create via Setup > Rate Codes.
· Mapping IDs: Auto pick up by dynamic mapping (Room ID, board ID, contract ID, validity and pricing type)
· App Guest: Room based pricing and Occupancy based pricing supported (Default pricing module is Room based)
o Occupancy pricing,
o simply apply formula/surcharge for all guests that can be accommodated in the selected room.
o Once mapping is completed for all rooms, enable OBP flag in channel password
· Multiplier: obtain information from property. Note this is calculated from the base rate.
· Fixed minimum stay: Channel supports flexible minimum stay – select No if Min stay varies
· Maximum Stay: Channel supports flexible maximum stay.
Option 2: Update Room type/rate plan information on Expedia – this option allows you to manage room type content and update rate plan information
1. On click you are diverted to content wizard, which is a 2-step process (Room information and Rate information)
Room information: update information as required
· Follow and complete prompts
· Mandatory fields are highlighted with *
· Room images – minimum 3 images required. High-res images required (2880 + pixels).
· Images below 650*650 will be rejected by Expedia.
· JPG, PNG and BMP images supported
Rate information: From this tab you can edit mapped rate plans, map to an existing rate plan on Expedia or create a new rate plan.
· Add – to create a new rate plan on Expedia and link to room type
· Edit – select to edit mapped rate plan
· Next – to map to an existing rate plan on Expedia. Simply select rate code from drop down box
· On click you are diverted to rate plan setup