Enhancement – Instant – OTA promotion – Booking.com GEO Rates (Country Rates)
**NEW** Create and manage country rates to offer via booking.com from STAAH Instant channel manager
Increase booking.com bookings by targeting guests from specific regions
Global travel is on the rise, and more international guests also means more opportunities for your property. Whether you want to tap into new markets, attract guests from specific countries, or grow your revenue by offering targeted discounts.
Country rates are targeted discounts that you can offer to guests from your markets of choice. They can help you fill your available rooms and tide you over during low season, as peak travel times differ for each market. Plus, they can help you tap into completely new markets, too.
Please note that country rates are not available in certain countries due to legal or commercial restrictions (Determined by booking.com)
Who can use this feature?
- All STAAH Instant subscriber with connection to booking.com enabled
- No additional cost to enjoy this feature
Where is the feature found?
- Login to Instant Extranet > Instant Module > OTA Promotion
How to create a GEO Discount?
- OTA Promotion Module > click on’ Add Promotion’ button
Next: Add promotion name > select promotion type > click on ‘Next’ button
Next: Select channel
- Channel – Currently feature in only supported by booking.com only
- Discount will apply to all room/ rates offered on booking.com
Next: Who will see this promotion? Click on arrow > select country
- You need to create a GEO discount for every individual country. You cannot create one GEO discount for multiple countries
- Only eligible countries for the specific property will display in drop down list
Next: Set discount > enter applicable discount %
- Must be at least 5% discount
Next: If required, you can set blackout dates, meaning sensitive dates that you may not want to offer any discount
Save and all done!
A success message is returned to confirm GEO Rates setup correctly – example below:
On the OTA promotion details page: